UK Government Information
Please follow this link to the UK Government’s information about COVID-19 (Corona virus). This information will be updated frequently by the Government, so please keep checking for updates.
Safeguarding and Child Protection
Whilst school is closed, our duty and responsibility to safeguard our children remains. Our regular check-ins with families in need a bit of extra help and support will continue throughout the period of school closure, just as if school was open. Please do not feel offended if a member of school staff calls to check in with you and to speak to your child, or if we carry out a visit to your home address.
If you have any concerns about your child, or another child during the school closure period, please follow these steps:
- Please e-mail our dedicated safeguarding email address, which is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In your e-mail, please state REPORT A CONCERN in the email.
- Include your mobile telephone number. Mrs Coker or a member of the Safeguarding Team will call you back.
- A record of your concern will be made. Please be clear and specific in the telephone conversation you have with a member of our Safeguarding Team.
- Your concern will be followed up using our school’s Safeguarding procedures (see our Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy 2020 for more information)
If you feel a child(ren) is in danger, please telephone the Police immediately on 999.
Providing continued access for the children of key workers is a central element of the overall strategy and we are keen to provide this service in order that key workers can continue to support the country at this difficult time.
It is very important that this access is provided for key workers and Headteachers have been tasked with identifying precisely who these children are and how much access they will require. To view the government’s list of critical workers please visit the below link:
Further guidance for parents is available here:
If after reading the guidance you believe you qualify for childcare, please complete the questionnaire and return it to email@example.com as soon as possible. You must wait for confirmation of a place before attending school. This will be emailed to you as soon as possible.
If at all possible your children should be kept at home – this is an important part of the social isolation strategy intended to slow down the spread of the virus. Consider that in coming to school your children will be mixing with other children.
All other children will need to stay at home, so we ask that you do not send your child into school after Friday 20th March onwards.